Thursday, April 12, 2012

The New, The Revised, and Everything In Between

Good evening, everyone. Once again, we meet. I have something that might interest you. A new (old) project that has finally been polished! More soon to come. But for now, we have the audio packaging and the dust jacket for a classic piece of literature. Now, Rusty gave us a list to choose a book from (if you recall, this project is semi-recycled from Illustration last semester). You must also realize that I consider myself a very well-read person, but I kid you not, I've read but three books on that entire list. Shame. Granted, I know of them all, but have only actually read three. Sad face, truly. So, seeing as I could not repeat books, I went with The Great Gatsby, because, let's face it, as much as I love Huck Finn, I've lived with enough Mark Twain to be disinclined to illustrate for him. Sorry, Sam. However, I enjoyed Gatsby in high school, so I figured, why not? I've studied The Jazz Age in my Perspectives in Jazz class, so I am all for a little 1920's action. So here we have the "finished" product, featuring Daisy, Jay Gatsby's love. I know this is technically a four-color run, but there is something about black, white, and a spot color that I can not get enough of sometimes. Haha, this seems to be my pattern! My last CD was only black and white with a spot of orange for M. Michaël Grégoire's album. *shrug* I guess it's what I do! But regardless, quite proud of this, if I may be so bold. I'm sure my dreams will be crushed, of course, but hey, I'm aiming for the lil red "OK with alterations." Or you know, just "OK" would do splendidly. LOL 

We're down to crunch time, people! And I'm still not freaking out! And I should be! I mean, I still have a ton to do before me and time is quickly slipping by and running out. But what will freaking out really do, really? I don't mean to imply that I'm not internally apprehensive, but that is a familiar friend from wanting to do well in school since I can remember. I'll be so glad when the French play is over this next week so I'll have more time to actually sit down and work without killing my sleeping time. XD 

Let's see . . . what else do we have? Wick Fowlers . . . AGAIN. The typography's gonzoed, Rusty! ;) Only time will tell. 

I also have the latest lithograph prints from Printmaking! The first should be familiar: Master Squelch from Love Never Dies. But for this next run, it was two color. I was originally going to use red, but I thought that was a bit cliché, and besides, I used red for the last lion print. Dark green is sinister, subtle, venomous, dangerous. I was proud of the end result! I think I consider this my best print yet! 

LOL Okay, so the meme was created by me. I was "bored" so while looking for reference photos for the Society of Illustrator's poster (guinea pig photos) I spied this picture of this yawning guinea pig, but he looks like he's screaming his head off, while the other is kinda like, "Whoa." I started bursting out laughing because it reminded me of the famous "Charlie Bit Me" videos on YouTube. I couldn't resist. Stupid, yes. Fun? Double yes! Impact is the official meme font, I discovered. Just so you know. ;) 

And what is a blog post without the latest knitting? How I manage this, I don't even know. Hugo is nearly there. He requires stuffing, those eyes and mouth to actually be glued/sewn on, and I'm working on his arms when I don't have to be on stage for Les Filles Bien Gardées. Life is good! 

Oh, and that's a pic of me, working on the book cover illustration, a package of Oreos for moral support and a half-finished Hugo keeping me company. I think that one picture sums up my entire life at this current moment! :D 

PHEW! Thanks for lending an ear, my friends! Sleep beckons! Have a wonderful night! 

Cheers! 

Gatsby CD packaging


Gatsby book jacket
Look! Gatsby's on iTunes! 
 . . . and in someone's digital library. 





Green! 
Original, sans green. 





*snicker* 

Hugo! 

C'est moi. Et ma vie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment